"Keep Awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."
| Sunday Worship: ........
||8am & 9am
| Sunday School: ...........
||Rev. Joanne A. Bond
| Church Office:
| Preschool Director:
| Preschool Office Phone:
The Week at a Glance:
8am & 9am
Jr. Choir Rehersal
Church Office Closed
No Bible Study
Feeding the Flock
Bell Choir rehearsal
Choir rehearsal (adult/teen)
Tai Chi class
8am & 9am - Eucharist|
9am - Sunday School
10:15am - Coffee Hour
10:20am - Jr. Choir Rehearsal
Mark your calendars !
- Jun 9th - The Babylon Chorale Presents: Hopes & Dreams. Broadway tunes
about hopes and dreams of the future. Concert begins at 4pm at Our Lady of Grace
Roman Catholic Church, 666 Albin Avenue, West Babylon.
Tickets: $20 for adults, $15 for seniors and students. For more information,
call 516-799-4974 or visit
- Jun 10th - Annual Congregational Budget Meeting following the 9:00 am
Worship Service. Meeting packet is available on the shelf in the hallway.
Please take one to review and bring with you to the meeting.
- Jun 17th - Sr. LYO Car Wash after the 9 AM Worship Service. The senior youth
would be pleased to wash the exterior of your car. A free will offering will be
accepted to benefit our “Feeding of the Flock” Soup Kitchen.
- Jun 23th - 2017 Vicar's Cup Golf Tournament: at the E. Donald Conroy
Sumpwams Golf Course, 75 Cedar St., Babylon Village. Cost is $20 per player.
Includes 9 holes of golf and a sandwich lunch. For further info, contact
the Church office.
- July 11th LI Ducks - Atlantic League All-Star Game at 6:35 p.m.
featuring a Fireworks Spectacular. Cost: $11 per ticket. Look for a
sign-up sheet in the Church hallway.
- The best place to find God is in the garden. You can dig for him there."
George Bernard Shaw. On Tuesdays (starting 5/29) and Thursdays (starting 5/31)
I will be tending our gardens from 4pm to 6pm and will welcome any help.
No experience necessary. Just bring a pair of gardening gloves, a few hand
tools and a willing heart. Thank you, Kris
- Food Pantry Help Wanted - Volunteers are needed to work in our
Food Pantry Tuesday evenings from 4:30 to 5:15. Please call the church
office if you would like to help.
- Volunteers needed to help fold bulletins on Friday mornings at 11am.
Just come on by if you can help.
- 2018 GRADUATES – Please call the Church Office with names of those who have
or will graduate this year, so we can congratulate the graduates!
- Cross of Christ Lutheran Church Softball Team We have a great team that
came in First Place last year in the Long Island Lutheran League. Games are
played at Town Hall Field on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst. If you would like
to play with our team, please contact Scott or the Church Office If you can’t
play, you are invited to come and cheer on our team.
- Tai Chi Classes - Fridays at 7pm Fee: $10.00 per class. Good for the mind,
body and spirit! Call the Church Office for more information
- The Food Pantry is currently in need of canned soup - preferably chunky style.
The Pantry could also use: canned tuna, shelf stable milk, cereal, canned fruit.
Thank you! from the Social Ministry.
- The Bell Choir is always looking for new ringers. Even if you have never
played bells before consider giving it a try. We rehearse on Wednesday
nights at 7pm. Any questions call Anita.
- Feeding the Flock has been serving our community for over 20 years
now. It takes many hands to complete this task each week. There are a
number of different jobs at different times throughout the day. Please contact
Pastor Bond at the church office if you would like to get involved in our soup
kitchen. We can use your help.
- Preschool Registration for the 2017-2018 School year is under way. Stop by
the Preschool for an application. Full Day Sessions are available as we are a NYS
Office of Children and Family Services licensed facility.
- Preschool Help Wanted We are currently looking for loving, dedicated individuals
to work with the children in our preschool in the morning and afternoon session as a
substitute Teacher. If interested in working with the children please send your resume
to Allison Marinos at the Preschool office.
- Prime Timers meet every Wed at noon. All 50+ are welcome to join.
- Crosswords Article Submissions are due on the 15th of every month.
Pastoral Requests: If you become hospitalized or are having a surgical procedure,
please inform the church office so that your name may be included in the prayers of the church,
and so that we may visit you to bring comfort and/or Holy Comunion.
(c) 2017 Cross of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Last modified Sunday, May 27th, 2018 @ 04:17pm
Questions, suggestions or content regarding this site, may be sent to the